Tuesday, 14 October 2014

SAY HELLO... TO EAT ME DO


One of the new additions to the Violent Green mix is Melbourne label "EAT. ME. DO" a label mixing jewellery, playful shapes, bold/bright colour and plenty of food inspiration. Violent Green womenswear buyer Roz recently caught up with EMD designer Lara and picked her brain.

 

ROZ GREEN: Hey Lara, so tell me, what is EAT. ME. DO and how did it all begin?

LARA EAT ME DO: Eat.me.do is a creation of my imagination which fills people with smiles and happiness. It all started after I finished uni back in mid 2012 when I turned a hobby into a business.


ROZ GREEN: Why the decision to create wearable food?

LARA EAT ME DO:  I've always loved quirky things that have some sort of novelty factor. I've always had a love for food related objects and art so it was only obvious and natural to create food inspired pieces.



ROZ GREEN: Where do your ideas come from and what is inspiring you at the moment?

LARA EAT ME DO:  My ideas pop up from all over the place. Whether I'm in a supermarket or at a cafe, I'm constantly being inspired by the things around me. At the moment I'm totally in love with and inspired by the artist pip and pop! Their work is absolutely magical and it takes me to a happy place every time I look at their work.



ROZ GREEN: What's your favourite piece from the collection?

LARA EAT ME DO: My favorite piece from my new 'ice scream' collection would have to be the strawberry fluff jumpers! It's my first time ever creating a clothing collection and this piece was one of the first garments I design for the collection. However everything in this collection is so much fun and sooo pink it's really quite hard not to love everything.



ROZ GREEN: One last question, what's your ultimate desert?

LARA EAT ME DO: Oh wow my ultimate dessert. That's a hard one. I'm going to state the obvious and say some amazing ice cream creation! But then again I can never go past a good tropical fruit salad.



posted by rozgreen

EAT ME DO IS AVAILABLE IN VIOLENT GREEN STORES + VIOLENT GREEN ONLINE STORE. SHOP THE COLLECTION HERE

No comments: